October 21, 2008

Extremely Cautious Optimism

First of all, thank you so much to everyone who's left comments wondering how/where we are. You are all lovely, and I am moved to find that you are concerned. I won't say this is a return for good, because clearly promising that in the various last posts has been for naught - so instead I'll just say that today was a good day. Lots of smiles,



some curiosity,



and much happy giggling all around.



Each of which is quite a soothing balm for the soul.

Today was also Lara's first trip to the dentist, which discomfort she bore with minimal crying and general stoicism - and, as an extra bonus, no cavities! Yay us with the (some would say spotty) brushing!

And while filling out all sorts of forms at the dentist's office, I kept having to write out today's date, so that it finally dawned on me - Halloween is ten days away! We have no costume in sight! So, dear Internet friends, before I am reduced to scouring the mall for some pink getup, I welcome any and all of your suggestions! The main limitation is that the costume have no head piece - she's become quite hat/headband averse. What are your kids wearing? Is it lame to dress Lara up in a Star Trek uniform if she has no clue what that is (that's my latest and greatest idea)? Or is it cool to display our interests through our child?