March 30, 2007

Wardrobe Refashion

There's a wonderful blog dedicated to upcycling/repurposing clothing instead of buying it new called Wardrobe Refashion. The blog invites those willing to dedicate themselves to several months of abstaining from mass-market clothing shopping to contribute their clothing projects, and after a couple of months of lurking, I've taken the pledge.

"The Pledge: I pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 2 months. I pledge that i shall refashion, renovate, recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovoated, recylcled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that thy thriftyness brings!"

No comments: