September 30, 2009

The Dread Pirate Jakey

When I asked Lara a few weeks ago what Jakey should be for Halloween, she answered without even a split second of hesitation, as if she had been mulling over for some time and had already come to this conclusion, "A pirate."

So yesterday, I whipped up his little getup:

costume - baby pirate

Black velvet pants, striped belt for tucking a cutlass into (though I don't think I'll be supplying that particular pirate accessory for a four month-old), and a striped bandanna with skull and crossbones made with appliqued turquoise yarn.

Aaarr!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Great idea Lara and great design/sewing Mama. Look out Johnny Depp!
Can't wait to see your little pirate (please post pics on Halloween!).

www.navarra-3d.com said...

This can't work in reality, that is exactly what I suppose.