April 30, 2009

Mommies Day

We're seeing our mommies this weekend, and most likely not for actual Mother's Day, so I made their presents early.

Mother's Day 09 - herb bee

In school, Lara made this amazing collage bee - seriously, how cute is this thing? - and I photoshopped it into it into a little grass and flower scene. For a while now, I've been drying the herbs we get from our farm share, so I got some spice jars and crushed up some of the dried parsley, thyme, dill, and rosemary into them. I printed some labels on sticky paper, et voila!

Mother's Day 09 - herb bottles

And finally, all wrapped up.

Mother's Day 09 - herbs wrapped up

3 comments:

mwg said...

Yea!!! I can't wait to get the present - it looks absolutely wonderful!!! Thank you so much and Happy upcoming Mommy's Day to you too!

dana said...

What a brilliant idea!

susan said...

Wow, what a great idea. :-)