January 28, 2009

Where Have I Been?!?

Seriously, what gives, right?

Well, last week, my mom, Lara, and I went to sunny, cold Florida for a bit of a break. It was a lovely time, but the days ranged from 78 degrees to 30 degrees.... not exactly the summery getaway we had planned on.

But still, here we are pretending to frolic in the warm breezes (check out how my mom is dressed compared to how Lara is dressed.... the real weather is somewhere between the two):



One of the wonderful moments was getting to watch the inauguration together with many other hotel guests. I found it quite moving. I actually teared up during that moment when the orchestral piece was playing and Michelle gave Obama's shoulder a little squeeze. I find them to be such a wonderful team of two people who clearly love and respect one another in a profoundly connected way. The speech made an impression on me also, all that stuff about immigrant parents slaving away so their children can live the good life (and knowing that for Obama it comes from personal experience, not just as a throwaway line). Lots of touchstones for me.





Thank you so much, everyone, for all your lovely good wishes on the future little one! I was so touched to see all the comments.

Oh, and tomorrow? More of where I've been and why I haven't been posting. Stay tuned for the excitement!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, those warm and sunny days...:), .. actually looking back your and Lara company did make it sunny!!