October 26, 2008

Morning at the Museum

We explored the newly relocated and renovated Please Touch Museum yesterday, and it is really like nothing I have ever seen before. Now housed in a breathtaking - and totally restored - Beaux Arts mansion, it is a beautifully designed expansion of everything the old tiny one in the middle of Center City had to offer.



And when I say expansion? I mean expansion. They have an enormous indoor carousel there! If you are anywhere near this area, you should really come to check it out. It's totally amazing.

Lara loved the parts of it that we explored yesterday (it's so huge that we didn't even get to see everything!), mostly the car area. She really couldn't keep her eyes off the ceiling, though:



We're going to go back today, I hope!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! what a beauty!

Anonymous said...

We were there too and I actually think I saw you guys, but thought it would be too weird to say hi. Camille was in awe from the outside alone! "It's like a ...real museum!" It's such an amazing space and in such a great part of the city.

Kim said...

Wow, that is amazing. We were there about 3 years ago and loved the Museum. I'd love to go to it now though, that is truly amazing.

Karen said...

It looks beautiful and fun! We will need to plan a trip to Philly to check out several of the spots you've blogged about for kids!