July 13, 2008

Smith Playhouse

We had a fabulous time playing with Gus, Theo, Amy, and Jonathan at the Smith Playhouse last week. The playground there is enormous and full of ingenious contraptions that I hadn't seen elsewhere.

Check out this cool swing set:



Then there was this amazing see-saw that you could stand or sit on:





And, in a more practical vein, this thing will prepare all children for a life on the high seas - It's not only a rope ladder, but a crazy merry-go-round as well. Check out Lara climbing to unfurl the mizzen for hard a-starboard. Yo-ho-ho, a pirate's life for her!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a blast! I wish it wasn't so far away. I might have to contact Smith Playhouse to see who manufactured the equipment and lobby for a similar playground here in Buffalo!

PS: Ended up buying my girls the cool Boden capri's (pants now!) and, just recently, a bunch of other great items from their huge sale. The 'fifties skirt' has the neat elastic thingy in the waist, too!

Anonymous said...

I don't know how we've never been there. It looks like so much fun! I can't wait til October when the Please Touch is over there as well.

CynthiaAvaDevta said...

Looks like my daughter and I would both love it! Where in Philadelphia is this? Also, I looooooove your new banner. It's creatively elegant (if that makes any sense!)