June 23, 2008

Photo Shoot

So... guess what? Craft Magazine is going to feature the reupholstered rocking chair I made in its last page column called "Makeover"! I know! When they emailed I was totally flabbergasted and may well have overgushed about, you know, all the love in emails back.

First they compiled a knowingly insightful series of interview questions, and then yesterday they sent out Dustin, a friendly neighborhood photographer, to take some pictures of the rocker - and, of course, of Lara riding it.

Craft Magazine photo shoot 2

Getting the model to pose for longer than 15 minutes involved some cajoling as you may well imagine, and someone - not mentioning any names - may have gotten an extra piece of "vitamin candy" for cooperating past the point of her innate interest.

Craft Magazine photo shoot 1

But overall, Lara was a fan of the "photofographer," and I think I might have even ended up in a few pics as well. Should be in the next issue.

Oh, and incidentally, check out this cool light-diffuser thingie that was part of the very cool, very elaborate photography equipment setup:

Craft Magazine photo shoot 3

I feel like it could be a cool ring or necklace.