April 3, 2008

It Runs in the Family



Me and my dad, way back in the day - um, the 70's obviously. Look at his hair. (Incidentally, you be the judge: does Lara look like me as a baby?) We are cute, yes, but that is not my point - rather, check out the amazing knitted jacket I am wearing. Where could I have gotten such fantabulous clothes, you ask? Well, my mom was a crazily talented knitter, creating wildly cool stuff for me, and some for herself of course. I still remember her blue needle case with its assortment of plastic, wooden, straight, and circular needles. For a long time now she has been a lapsed knitter, but I guess it's like riding a really complicated bicycle that you sort of forget to how ride once you stop, but can pick up again when someone shows you the basics again. Ok, nothing like a bicycle. But still, check out what she is in the midst of knitting for Lara:

Dress for Lara made by my mom (in progress)

Super-gorgeous! I love it. She is worried about fit (since she is in Moscow and since Lara is a reluctant model at best), but I am psyched about this dragon-fly stitch detail on the bodice:

Dress for Lara made by my mom - detail (in progress)

Yay, mom! (Ok, everyone comment to encourage her to finish it. She gets easily discouraged.)