March 16, 2008

I've been tagged!

I got tagged by Julie at Red Hen Studios! How super fun!

The rules for this are easy:
1. Link to the person that tagged you. (done above)
2. Post the rules on your blog. (done here)
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself. (will do below)
4. The rest of the rules call for tagging other people... but I'm not going to. If you feel like being tagged by this meme, consider yourself tagged!


Okee doke, here are six random things about me.

1. Have I ever mentioned why this thingie is called forty-two roads? I'm hoping some of the geekier readers have already gotten the allusion, but for everyone else, it's a reference to the Hitchhiker's Guide series. One of the plot lines of the first book follows a pair of alien scientists who build a computer to answer the question of Life, the Universe, and Everything. Eventually, the computer arrives at the answer - "42" - and the scientists realize that they don't know the question. So they build an even bigger computer to figure out the question, but just as this computer is about to yield the answer, it is mistaken for a planet (the computer is actually Earth) and destroyed to make way for an intergalactic superhighway. The two scientists, scrambling for grants and tenure, decide to make up a question, eventually settling on "How many roads must a man walk down?" I have always found these books, and this plot line in particular, to be totally hilarious.

2. If I could, I would cover the walls of our apartment floor to ceiling with original artwork, Barnes Foundation-style, with almost no spaces in between. Too bad we're not swimming in money.

3. I can't whistle, fold my tongue, raise one eyebrow, wiggle my ears, bend my thumb to my wrist, or do a single other one of those small genetically-determined tricks (I've decided that whistling is one of these since no one has ever been able to teach me how to do it). The only thing I can do is unfocus my eyes and instantly see those three-dimensional "Magic Eye" puzzles.

4. My favorite dream ever was a recurring dream I used to have when I was around 12 years old. The dream was basically of me falling softly asleep with my head on my desk on top of my hands. The image was just the close-up of my hands and the desk - exactly what I would see if I were actually lying on a desk at school. That I was having this dream meant I was having the best, most relaxing, least worried sleep possible. My least favorite dream was a recurring nightmare from when I was around 5 or 6. It involved trying to get away from a dragon that was flying around the infinitely high ceiling of my grandparents' apartment. At the end of the dream, my grandmother would realize that I could escape by holding a white handkerchief above my head (camouflaging me into the floor from the dragon's perspective), and so I would manage to escape but my grandparents would still be trapped inside.

5. My favorite going-out activity is to eat at a quiet - really preferably almost empty - restaurant. Really just that simple. I just want to sit somewhere, chatting with friends and loved ones, while someone else brings me food.

6. I wish I had a huge woodworking shop and could learn to build furniture. Even more secretly, I wish I could build us a house from scratch.

No comments: