November 7, 2007

Portraits - Shop Update

Progress - Lara & Anna cut off facesWhat Could Have Been Imagined History

Customizable collages and oil paintings now for sale on my Etsy! I'm so so excited about them.

Progress - Lara eyes closedLara stencil in oils

The idea is for people to send me a photograph (or several, and I'll pick one) which I will render into a stencil, and then use that stencil to create a portrait either in mixed media collage or oil paint, similar the ones above. Obviously, for oils, colors are completely customizable. For collages, I am open to the inclusion of any materials, but generally tend to use found paper and other found odds and ends. I think these would be great presents for the holidays.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the portrait collages are fantastic! I just bought and blogged about your kitchen today. I need to place some more online orders today so that I get more cardboard boxes work with :)

I'll send you a picture when I have mine constructed!

*Sarah* said...

Next pay check: buying one for my mom of all her grown up kiddos! :) Or perhaps one for me... HMMM...