April 3, 2007

Sun, sun, sun - here it comes!

Oh if only singing The Beatles would make it so. The weather's been a bit of a tease recently, I must say - 70 degrees one day, 40 the next. Nevertheless, I give you a summer skirt, made from a really really orange tshirt Misha's grandparents picked up in Spain and from bits and pieces of other jersey. All sewn together by hand (!) I feel I must add... Why, you ask? Well, let's just say 50% is "I'm crazy" and the other 50% is "the sewing machine was mean to me."

Orange & mod skirt (front)

I basically just cut the appropriate length from the bottom of the tshirt (it was a mens large or extra large, I think), and used the original hemline as a casing for elastic. Can you see the little pocket I sewed onto the front? It features one of the bulls on the original tshirt.

Here's another view:

Orange & mod skirt (back)

No comments: