January 11, 2007

WIP



Here are a few previews of something I am right now working on. These little images are painted with acrylics on a canvas board, and they are tiny (the gift box one is about 1.5x1.5 inches)! And let me tell you something - you never know quite how obsessive-compulsive you really are until you start painting details on that scale and being absolutely determined to get every infinitessimally small piece just right. Now I've always had a touch of the old OCD - I pretty much think that anyone who makes things with their hands is somewhere on that spectrum - but painting in miniature with a #2 brush when you really need a #1 but were too cheap to buy the full size range in the store? That takes a special kind of relationship with repetitive movements. I apparently have that relationship. I would go so far as to call it love.

No comments: