October 30, 2009

More Halloween Decor

I set this all up a few days ago, and when Lara came home she said, "Oh, you made it spooky and scary in here, Mommy!" "It's not too scary, just mostly spooky, right?" "No, it's a little bit scary."

Which was great to hear, since I was working on straddling that line where Halloween-appropriate meets too-frightening-for-a-four-year-old. What do you think?

Halloween 09 - dining table

A "dripping" tablecloth, a skull with a clacking jaw, and a picture of a ghoulish tree with an owl and a skeleton swinging on a swing.

Halloween 09 - door drippings

Some more black "dripping" coming from the top of the door. I'm glad I didn't make that part red. Black dripping = spooky. Red dripping = too scary even for me.

------------------------------
Thanks so much to Apartment Therapy Ohdeedoh, The Crafty Crow, and Labbe for all the creepy garland love! Commenter Monkey's Mama was right, it comes from Paper Crave's clip art.

2 comments:

mwg said...

The decoration looks great - I lo-o-o-ved the dripping tablecloth and the hanging driplets(?), and my favorite is the "graveyard" tree. Great finds and wonderful execution, Anna. Happy Halloween!:)

Unknown said...

The dripping light switches and thermostat do it for me.

Creepy!