October 30, 2009

More Halloween Decor

I set this all up a few days ago, and when Lara came home she said, "Oh, you made it spooky and scary in here, Mommy!" "It's not too scary, just mostly spooky, right?" "No, it's a little bit scary."

Which was great to hear, since I was working on straddling that line where Halloween-appropriate meets too-frightening-for-a-four-year-old. What do you think?

Halloween 09 - dining table

A "dripping" tablecloth, a skull with a clacking jaw, and a picture of a ghoulish tree with an owl and a skeleton swinging on a swing.

Halloween 09 - door drippings

Some more black "dripping" coming from the top of the door. I'm glad I didn't make that part red. Black dripping = spooky. Red dripping = too scary even for me.

Thanks so much to Apartment Therapy Ohdeedoh, The Crafty Crow, and Labbe for all the creepy garland love! Commenter Monkey's Mama was right, it comes from Paper Crave's clip art.


mwg said...

The decoration looks great - I lo-o-o-ved the dripping tablecloth and the hanging driplets(?), and my favorite is the "graveyard" tree. Great finds and wonderful execution, Anna. Happy Halloween!:)

Tigermom said...

The dripping light switches and thermostat do it for me.