August 14, 2009

Sesame Place

We spent a really great morning at Sesame Place (an amusement park for kids). It was perfect weather for that sort of thing - very hot, but overcast, so the water rides felt great and we didn't feel like the sun was baking us alive. Lara scaled this crazy tarp mountain,



ate some french fries after a reluctant (read: somewhat screamtastic) encounter with the splashing water slide playground,



and cautiously floated along the gently inner tube river, later revealed to be her favorite ride.



Jakey spent the whole time sleeping in the stroller, but I'm sure he's psyched for next summer, when he'll be able to actually go on the rides!

------------------------------------------------

Also, here are some recent conversations that I think warrant being recorded.

We found a tick on Lara's leg recently (check your kids after they go in the grass!), and she had to get a preventative course of antibiotics.

L: Do you have my medicine?
M: Yes, here is it from the drug store.
L: I need my pink medicine, Daddy! I had a tip bug on my leg. You took the tip bug off with the squeezers and now I need to get some medicine for the bug bite.

A few days later, when we were reading a book, we came across a picture of a mother and daughter walking arm in arm.

L: Look, Mommy, they are married!
A: They are? What does married mean?
L: It's when you can walk with someone or go for a walk together...
A: Oh, I see. Do you know anyone else who is married?
L: I think Mary Poppins got married!