August 17, 2009

Adventures in Cooking

dinner - eggplant parm

To my surprise, I apparently had all the ingredients on hand this morning to make Eggplant Parmesan! Quite a happy coincidence as I was staring at the lonely eggplant in the otherwise mostly empty refrigerator, wondering what to do with it before it went bad. I used the very simple recipe from the ever-wonderful Mark Bittman book, How to Cook Everything, although I think the forty-five minutes or so of hands-on prep time makes this not the best thing to try with a three month old around. But it's fun to make, with the dredging through flour (or maybe I am far too easily amused...). In any case, here it is, pristine, before I cut out a piece for lunch.

--------------------

Also, thanks so much to Michelle for featuring the "Close Your Clothes" book on her blog, Sewing Craft Gossip!

No comments: