March 25, 2009

Mission: Organization

We put together a new Expedit bookshelf for Lara's (and new baby's!) room today:

New Expedit shelf for Lara's room

And, oh my gosh, I cannot even begin to talk about how revolutionary this new shelf is. Seriously. Every toy is up off the floor, and has a new place to go! I'm in organizational heaven. Plus, the old shelves that were in this space are now in the closet, being far more useful. I forgot to take a picture of what it looked like before, but just picture a small over-crowded bookcase with no rhyme or reason to it.

Plus Misha and I had a blast putting this thing together, occasioned mostly by my totally bone-headed - and quite out of character - initial error, which resulted in us having to redrill a few Ikea-made holes to get broken dowel pieces out of them. Also we discovered that we need a mallet, since we ended up doing some wacky improvisational things with some stacking blocks and a hammer. Only 270 shopping days till Hannukah!