January 30, 2008

Something for me

I actually made something for myself! It's not as fun as making for Lara.

I took this huge red tee that Misha didn't want any more (made out of super-soft jersey!):

Red long sleeve tee recon (before)

And pinned and sewed my way to (just the red part - I'm wearing it over a black shirt):

Red long sleeve tee recon 2

What do you think? I'm kind of really into it. It looks better in person than I could capture on camera. It's got kind of a Anthropologie sale rack feel to it. I might add some beads or something else to pile on the details. Here are some closeups:

The waist:

Red long sleeve tee recon 4

The top:

Red long sleeve tee recon 3

In the making of this I realized two things:

1. Sleeves are hard. That's why this has none.

2. I really could benefit from one of those duct tape dressmaker's forms, since it would mean not having to constantly keep putting on and taking off a shirt covered with pins. Plus of course, I could actually pin fabric without having to do it on myself backwards in the mirror.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what would go really well with the dressmakers' dummy - an atelier or a workshop/studio - my dream for you... :) And the T does really look very cute, especially if it's also soft, then it's very cute AND comfy.

Riana Lagarde said...

yes! and a grant for artists, because this is freaking awesome! you are so crafty!!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!