November 25, 2007

Extend-a-Shirts

So what do you do when your lovely and well-meaning family, quite reasonably assuming that your two year old toddler probably fits into two year old clothes, buys a bunch of cute tees that said toddler outgrows within two weeks of turning two in a supercalifragelistic growth spurt?

You add extensions onto the tees of course, like so:

shirt - pig + blue stripe + flower band

How cute is that pig applique? Misha drew it and then was so excited by the results, he requested to make more cute appliques. Sorry ladies, he's taken.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Ooh--good idea! Any ideas for when they outgrow the shirts in the shoulder area first?

Anna said...

Yeah, good call, Carrie - that's a tough one. I'm lucky enough to have a kid who seems to just grow up (seriously, waist-wise she can still wear the 12 month pants!). I bet what would be cute is to cut off the sleeves and insert puffy sleeve shoulders in a contrasting fabric. Easier said than done, obviously! Maybe I'll try that one of these days...

Anonymous said...

I do not even know what I like more - the extended T-s or your cute comments to them :)

Sherrie said...

SO cute! I love, love, love the pig. And what a clever idea! Our little guy is really long, so this idea will probably be used in our house later on! :)

Lynette @ My Craft Discovery said...

What a fabulous idea!