November 30, 2006

Paper Dolls

Didn't you love paper dolls when you were a kid? I remember constantly making new ones, and loving those little shoulder and arm tabs even more than the clothes themselves. I made one with a set of historical costumes for my friend Jessica's daughter. She lives inside her closet with all her gowns.

The doll is composed of a paper head and wire body - wire, so you can move her arms and legs around to fit into more than one pose. The costumes came from here (I added pencil, various beads, fabric, and things, and Mod Podged for durability).

6 comments:

Susan Schwake said...

absolutely darling in everyway! i made a paperdoll calendar this year to celebrate my love of paper dolls. but i like your wire body doll. that is really spectacular!

Anna said...

Thanks so much! A paper doll calendar sounds fabulous... would you cut it up afterwards to play with the dolls? Hmm... so many ideas from that :)

Anonymous said...

What a darling, darling idea! I have boys so I don't see making them for my little ones (but you never know) but certainly not a lovely lady like you made. Where did you get her head?

Joann

Anonymous said...

Those are very cool. I think I want to do one.
Brooke
http://www.fashionfunandfriends.wordpress.com

aonbelay said...

Hey, just a random visitor... your blog came up when I googled "historical paperdolls". I LOVE what you've done with the costumes. Such a unique idea to make a bendy doll and embellish the paper with your own stuff! Love it!

Wendy in Oz said...

My goodness, you are so artistic, creative & talented! This covers all of the above! :) Your acrylics look great ... that's because they look more like watercolours & I love watercolours! :)